On May 9, 2017, the department gathered for the annual Chemistry Department Award Ceremony. The ceremony is held each year to celebrate excellence in research, teaching, mentorship, coursework, and service to the department among our students, faculty, and staff.
The department presents awards to undergraduate and graduate students for various accomplishments. Congratulations to all students who received awards!
- Freshman Chemistry Achievement Award - Jung Ho Gong, Jon Nelson, Elliot Youth, & Edward Esposito III
- Organic Chemistry Prize - Alexander Iyer
- New Concentrator with Outstanding Academic Record - Clark Zheng (Chemistry), Noah Cowan (Chemical Physics), & Douglas Shea (Biochemistry)
- Junior Prize - Neville Dadina (Chemistry) & Lilit Grigoryan (Biochemistry)
- Clapp Prize for Outstanding Undergraduate Thesis - Evangelos “Vaki” Nikitopoulos (Chemistry), Changhae Andrew Kim (Chemistry), & Margaret Rowe (Biochemistry)
- ACS Division of Inorganic Chemistry Undergraduate Award in Inorganic Chemistry - Can Lulu Cao
- ACS Division of Organic Chemistry Undergraduate Award in Organic Chemistry - Nataliya Palaychuk
- Outstanding Chemistry Student Award from the RI Section of the ACS - Lucas Weiser
- Elaine Chase Award for Leadership & Service - Gregory Lowry
- Sigma Xi Award - Qianfan Zhang
- W.T. King Prize - Brian Stakus, Blaise Leeber, & Qianfan Zhang
- Dissertation Fellowship - Blaise Leeber & Ryan Lehane
- Vincent J. Wernig Fellowship - Brian Stankus
- Elaine Chase Award for Leadership & Service - Katie Bilotti & Vale Cofer-Shabica