Independent Studies Quick Links
***Given our need to move to remote advising, we will post our adjusted schedule soon. Thank you for your patience.***
New extended Independend Studies Deadline: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:59 PM
- Before submitting an Independent Study Application, please read thoroughly the Frequently Asked Questions
- Application Materials - instructions for submitting the Independent Studies common application and supplements for GISPs, ISPs, and AIs.
- Faculty Info Sheet - everything faculty would want to know about being a (G)ISP/AI Sponsor (we recommend you hand this to your intended sponsor)
- Past GISPs Database - request digital copies of past GISPs. You can also stop by the CRC in Room 228 in the Campus Center to browse the Independent Studies archive.
- Potential GISP Ideas - submit your GISP ideas and find out more about the GISPs your peers are working.
- What to read the report from the very first GISP that spurred on the creation of Brown's Open Curriculum? Read the Draft of a Working Paper for Education at Brown University.
- Independent Studies Info Session - Fall 2019 Turn your interest into a class!
Coordinators and Contact Information
The IS coordinators advise students interested in Independent Studies and support students and faculty inovlved in current Independent Studies. Email them at [email protected] or visit them in the CRC (Room 228, Campus Center).
- Connect IS with the broader CRC and Open Curriculum mission into our practice of mentorship.
- Help students create/navigate their educational path.