We seek candidates for admission to the Urban Education Policy master's program who combine an interest in education policy issues with a high motivation to be successful in a rigorous and fast paced masters program. Students from a variety of different backgrounds and fields of study are welcome to apply. Our admissions committee evaluates candidates based on several considerations including personal essays, official academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, community activities, relevant job experience, extra-curricular activities, standardized test performance, and other factors brought to our attention in the application process.
Interested students must submit the following materials to be considered for admission to the Urban Education Policy master's program:
- Application for admission
- Unofficial transcripts of all prior academic work at institutions of higher education (official transcripts are required prior to matriculation)
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your academic and/or professional potential
- A personal statement of no more than two to four double spaced pages that speaks to your passion for the field of urban education policy
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. The Brown University Institution Code is 3094
- TOEFL scores (international applicants only)
- The non-refundable application fee*
Students are notified of their admission decision as early as the last week in February. To be considered for merit-based scholarships, students must submit their applications by January 15, 2017. Those not seeking scholarships may apply by March 15, 2017 prior to the start of the 12-month program beginning in June. There are no additional forms that need to be completed for scholarships. Scholarships are awarded based on the strength and competitiveness of your application.
Students seeking federal loans need to apply through the Federal Student Aid website. Applications will become available on January 1, 2017.
*Application fee is waived for Teach for America, City Year, and AmeriCorps affiliated applicants.