Thank you for your interest in the PRIME Program in Brown University's School of Engineering. We are pleased that you chose to learn more about our Master of Science in Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship program. The following are answers to some frequently asked questions about the program:
How do I apply?
- All applications for PRIME must be completed online. Please click here for the online application.
What is the deadline for applications?
- The deadline for submission of PRIME applications is February 15, 2020. For Brown University seniors and alumni the application deadline is May 1, 2020.
Is PRIME a STEM program?
- Yes, the degree issued is a Masters of Science in Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship (PRIME), under the School of Engineering and is a STEM program.
How does OPT work for international students?
- You can find additional information about the STEM extension on the site of our International Student Services department (OISSS).
What is the minimum TOEFL score required?
- In order for students to be successful in the program, the PRIME program looks for a score of 100 or better.
Where do PRIME students find jobs upon graduation?
- PRIME graduates have secured positions in consulting, investment banking, health/medical companies, information technology, traditional engineering companies, small technology firms and as founders of new ventures.
Do I need to have an engineering or science background in order to be admitted?
- PRIME is primarily designed for a students who has an engineering, computer science, applied math, or physicial/biological science undergraduate degree. Students with undergraduate degrees in economics, business and industrial design who have an interest in innovation management and entrepreneurship have also successfully completed the program.
What resources are available to help PRIME graduates find employment?
- Resources are available to PRIME students through Brown’s Career Lab, Nelson Center interactions and via contacts established within the program with alumni and senior executives.
Is financial aid available for students?
- Brown's Office of Financial Aid can help students explore possibilities for loans, which would come from outside of PRIME or the School of Engineering.
How long does it take to earn a degree?
- PRIME students earn an ScM degree in one academic year. Please note this is a non-thesis degree.
How much is tuition, and what fees are associated with it?
- Tuition for the 2020/2021 academic year is $65,608. For additional information please visit: https://www.brown.edu/academics/gradschool/courses-manual/tuition-fees. Please note that this information covers the 2019-2020 academic year.
Visiting Brown University and the PRIME Program
- Yes! We welcome all interested students and their families to visit our beautiful campus, take a tour of Brown University, and tour the PRIME facilities. Please let us know when you plan to be in Providence so we can arrange a tour and possibly a meeting with a PRIME faculty member and current PRIME students.
- If you have additional questions regarding the PRIME program, please contact our enrollment team at [email protected]