Brown Engineering Undergraduate Programs
The School of Engineering offers courses and programs leading to both the Bachelor of Science (Sc.B.), and Bachelor of Arts (A.B.) degrees. Combined Sc.B./A.B. degrees and Sc.B./Sc.M. programs are also available.
Degree programs include: Biomedical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering/Physics, Environmental Engineering, Materials Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
An engineering degree program at Brown will provide you with a broad knowledge of all fields of engineering, as well as specialized training in your discipline. By collaborating with faculty and students in research and design projects both within and alongside the formal curriculum, you will learn how to put theory into practice. Combining your study of engineering with Brown's renowned 'open' curriculum in the liberal arts will help you to put your engineering skills to the best possible use. Whether your interests are in basic research, engineering practice, entrepreneurship, or you are hoping to use your knowledge of engineering in another field, Brown's engineering program will provide you not only with the technical skills necessary to practice your profession, but also with a vision and perspective that will guide you throughout your life and career.
For more information please follow the links below
- Description of undergraduate degree programs and sample course plans
- Suggested courses for first-year students considering engineering
- Purpose of the Brown "Core" Engineering Program
- Engineering concentration requirements (links to University Bulletin)
- Schedule of engineering courses in future semesters
- Information for prospective applicants to Brown with interest in Engineering
- Information for prospective employers of Brown students and graduates
- Enrollment and graduation data
- Instructions for declaring an Engineering concentration
- Instructions for registering for Independent Study courses
- Study Abroad
- Honors (Biomedical Engineering) (Other engineering concentrations)
- Careers, Graduate School, Internships, and on-campus employment
- Student Organizations
- Student affairs office (for general inquiries, concentrations, student payroll)
- Administration and advisors
- Student Organizations