The Cogut Institute hosts a rich and varied program of scholarly events throughout the year, including conferences, readings, lectures, workshops, seminars and performances, to promote the research, study, and enjoyment of the humanities at Brown. In addition to a focus on environmental humanities in 2017–2018, our event series and annual conferences include:
- the Greg and Julie Flynn Cogut Institute Speaker Series,
- the Creative Medicine Lecture Series,
- PITH (Politics in the Humanities),
- Political Concepts,
- the Romanticism Workshop,
- and the Sarah Cutts Frerichs Lecture in Victorian Studies.
The Cogut Institute also co-sponsors multiple events on campus. Please check the events calendar and the list of upcoming events below for additional information.