Undergraduate fellowships provide senior honors students in the humanities or humanities social sciences with opportunities for collegial interaction with an exciting group of faculty fellows, Mellon and International Humanities postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, and visiting faculty.
Fellows participate in a weekly research seminar to discuss work-in-progress (every Tuesday 11-2 during the academic year) and join other events at the Institute.
Rising senior honors students are invited to apply.
To apply, Brown University rising seniors must submit the following materials by the application deadline:
- A statement (no more than three pages) outlining your area(s) of study and your specific research interests. You should also explain how your academic work would benefit from and contribute to a collective seminar experience among scholars in the humanities.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty, one of which must come from your honors advisor or thesis director.
- A letter of support from your department’s Concentration Advisor.
- A short writing sample (8-20 pages: your briefest, best work)
- The Undergraduate Fellowship application form
Submit one copy electronically to email@example.com. Faculty reference letters may be emailed separately.
Four undergraduate fellowships are awarded annually. Fellowships include a $500 research fund.
Applications for the 2018-19 cohort open on December 14, 2017 and close March 2, 2018.