Brown is home to a variety of academic departments that specialize in modern and ancient languages. Please use the links below to find out more about specific departments and languages.
American Sign Language, Arabic, Chinese, Classics (Ancient Greek, Latin, Sanskrit), Czech, Egyptology and Assyriology (Hieroglyphic Egyptian, Akkadian, Sumerian, and Hittite), ESL, French, German, Modern Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Nahuatl, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Urdu, Yoruba
Lists of courses offered in the Academic Year 20-21 (fall '20, spring '21, summer '21)
- Center for Language Studies: Arabic, ASL, Hindi, Turkish, Nahuatl, Yoruba, EINT
- East Asian Studies Academic Year 2020-21 Course Offerings
- Classics (Ancient Greek, Latin, Sanskrit, Modern Greek)
- Portuguese and Brazilian Studies Academic Year Course Offerings
- French Studies Academic Year 2020-21 Course Offerings
- German Studies Academic Year 2020-21 Course Offerings (Choose Spring in tab on the left)
- Hispanic Studies Academic Year 2020-21 Course Offerings
- For Information on Italian Studies and Slavic Studies, check the Provisional and Partial Course List for Academic Year 20-21
Lists as of August 1, 2020; subject to change.