The STS Program at Brown University brings together faculty and students who are interested in the construction, operation, and dissemination of scientific and technological knowledge. Our faculty come from Africana Studies, American Studies, Anthropology, the Division of Biology and Medicine, Cognitive, Linguistic, and Psychological Sciences, Egyptology and Ancient West Asian Studies, English, Gender and Sexuality Studies, History, History of Art and Archtecture, and Philosophy. We also offer a B.A. in Science and Society and faciliate collaboration among graduate students pursuing degrees in other departments.
Worried about declaring? Thinking about Science and Society but want to know more? Here are some ways to get involved and connected to the program:
1. Sign up for the listserv! This is a great way to hear about upcoming events, lectures, program news, and other updates. Click here to subscribe https://listserv.brown.edu/?SUBED1=STSUNDERGRADS&A=1.
2. Like the program www.facebook.com/Science-and-Technology-Studies-at-Brown-University-189965977703216/?fref=ts and the DUG https://www.facebook.com/groups/1538823723035604/ on facebook to stay up to date on future events.
3. Find an upperclassmen to talk to! If you don't know any concentrators, email Professor Jeffrey Poland [hyperlink: mailto: email@example.com] to put you in touch with someone who might be studying something linked to your interests! The people who know the program best are the people who are in it!
4. Get more involved in the DUG! Adam Horowitz is the DUG leader—feel free to email for more information!
5. Declare! Need help declaring? Don't hesitate to reach out to the concentration advisor (Professor Jeffrey Poland) or the DUG leader (Adam Horowitz) to find out more about being a Science and Society Concentrator.
"Like" us on Facebook to recieve updates of all we do.