As part of the Division of Campus Life, the Student Activities Office leads campus efforts to support 500+ student groups. We co-coordinate undergraduate Orientation with the Dean of the College and support the Brown Outdoor Leadership Training (BOLT), Brown Student Agencies, Liber Brunensis (Brown's Yearbook) and Greek and Program House engagement.
In addition, the office provides oversight and coordination for three facilities that serve the Brown community —the Stephen Robert '62 Campus Center, Greek and Program Houses, and both T.F. Green Hall and Alumnae Hall auditorium for student performing arts.
Student Activities also works closely with the Undergraduate Council of Students to recognize and support student organizations.
SAO Available Remotely
The Student Activities Office staff are working remotely. We will be responding to phone calls and emails during our business hours, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday, and will be available to meet virtually with students. Please call 401-863-2341, email [email protected] or connect with your SAO advisor directly for assistance.
Visit covid.brown.edu for updates from Brown University on novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Fall 2020 Event Resources:
- SAO/UCS/UFB Fall 2020 FAQs: Wondering what to do this fall as a student organization? Here is a list of FAQs from SAO/UCS/UFB.
- Extracurricular Activity - Fall 2020 document: The Student Activities Office has helped put together guidelines for fall 2020 events, activities, and accountability. Check back often as the guidelines may change as new information pertaining to COVID-19 becomes available.
- BEARLINK - Student organization main users may login to BearLink and set up their organization pages. If your group's main user is inactive this semester or you need to change that person, please email [email protected].
- Event Registration Form is now through Google Forms - student leaders will be able to register virtual events for the semester.
Quick Access: Resources
- Brown Student Organizations (alphabetical list with nickname, category, & advisor)
- Important Policies: Be sure to review our policies as your group plans events throughout the year.
- SAO Guide to Financial Transactions: A Google site containing everything you need to know about transactions for your student group - includes our new online reimbursement process!
- Event Equipment Form: Download and complete the form then email it to [email protected]. Staff from SAO will work with you to update and finalize your estimate. (If you have any trouble downloading the spreadsheet, you may access the link from this page.)
- Party Manager Training: TBD (new program coming soon)
- SAO Reservation Form: Use this form to reserve a folding table, cashbox, etc. from the Student Activities Office.