STUDENT ACTIVITIES OFFICE
As part of the Division of Campus Life, the Student Activities Office leads campus efforts to support 500+ student groups. We support the Brown Outdoor Leadership Training (BOLT), Brown Student Agencies, Liber Brunensis (Brown's Yearbook) and Greek letter organizations.
In addition, the office provides oversight and coordination for three facilities that serve the Brown community —the Stephen Robert '62 Campus Center, Greek on-campus housing, and both T.F. Green Hall and Alumnae Hall auditorium for student performing arts.
Student Activities also works closely with the Undergraduate Council of Students to recognize and support student organizations.
SAO Available In-Person
Starting Monday August 16th - SAO staff will be back in the office full-time in the Campus Center. Office hours will be 8:30am-5:00pm EST, Monday through Friday. We will still be available to meet virtually with students. Please call 401-863-2341, email [email protected], or connect with your SAO advisor directly for assistance.
Visit covid.brown.edu for updates from Brown University on novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Fall Activities Fair - Moved to Friday September 10th (5pm-8pm, Main Green)!!! Groups who did not register on time may arrive at the fair on 9/9 starting at 430pm to line up for tables that become available if a group does not check-in.
- SAO Update Email 10/4/21 -Event registration, Updated event guidance, Financial signatory Deadline
- SAO Update Email 9/7/21 - Activities Fair, Event Planning 101, Visitor Policy, Database Changes
- SAO Update Email - Fall 2021- emailed on August 24, 2021
- BEARLINK - Student organization main users may login to BearLink and set up their organization pages. If your group's main user is inactive this semester or you need to change that person, please email [email protected].
- Event Registration Form - for Fall 2021 events
- Travel Registration Form - Please read the travel policies in the SAO Policy Manual travel information before you start the form.
Quick Access: Resources
- Brown Student Organizations (alphabetical list with nickname, category, & advisor)
- Important Policies: Be sure to review our policies as your group plans events throughout the year.
- Reimbursement/Payment Portal - ONLY to be completed and submitted by an authorized Financial Signatory.
- SAO Guide to Financial Transactions: A Google site containing everything you need to know about transactions for your student group - includes our new online reimbursement process!
- Event Support Request Form: Need tables, chairs, podiums, tablecloths, etc.? Staff from SAO will work with you to update and finalize your estimate.
- Party Manager Training: TBD (new program coming soon)
- SAO Reservation Form: Use this form to reserve a folding table, cashbox, etc. from the Student Activities Office.
- Performance and Recreation Group Physical Activity Liability Waiver Form: All student organization participants engaged in physical activity must complete this form every year for each group they join.
- Visitor Vaccine Attestation Form: Send this form to any instructors, outside partners, community members who will be on campus more than four times.
- Event Planning 101 Slides: Recap the information that was shared during our beginning-of-the-semester info sharing session
- SAO/UCS/UFB Fall 2021 FAQ Document: Have a question about what is allowed this semester? Looking for more info on UFB Funding or UCS Categorization? Check here first!
- Brown Marketplace: Looking to sell tickets online for your event or sell merch or swag for your student group? Click this link to learn how to setup a portal for online purchases