STUDENT ACTIVITIES OFFICE
As part of the Division of Campus Life, the Student Activities Office leads campus efforts to support 500+ student groups. We support the Brown Outdoor Leadership Training (BOLT) and Liber Brunensis (Brown's Yearbook).
In addition, the office provides oversight and coordination for three facilities that serve the Brown community —the Stephen Robert '62 Campus Center, Greek on-campus housing, and both T.F. Green Hall and Alumnae Hall auditorium for student performing arts.
Student Activities also works closely with the Undergraduate Council of Students to recognize and support student organizations.
SAO Available In-Person
Starting Monday August 16th - SAO staff will be back in the office full-time in the Campus Center. Office hours will be 8:30am-5:00pm EST, Monday through Friday. We will still be available to meet virtually with students. Please call 401-863-2341, email [email protected], or connect with your SAO advisor directly for assistance.
Visit covid.brown.edu for updates from Brown University on novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Student Activities Office has created a policy manual for student organizations at Brown which is inclusive of all necessary policies related to recognition, events, safety, applicalable campus policies, etc. Should you have questions regarding the manual, please contact [email protected]
Student Activities Policies - last updated 5/10/2021
The roll call form is now open. Student organizations are required to fill out roll call by Monday May 9, 2022. Filling out roll call with updated infromation will ensure student organizations are receiving important SAO information. Failure to fill out roll call will result in deactivation. If you have any questions please reach out to [email protected].
- SAO Update Email 5/2/22 - Spring deadlines for student organization events and activity and finances.
- Spring Weekend Registration Email 2/14/22 - Spring Weekend Event Policy
- SAO Update Email 12/8/21 - Reimbursement and Purchasing Deadline, Last Day for Events
- SAO Update Email 10/4/21 -Event registration, Updated event guidance, Financial signatory Deadline
- SAO Update Email 9/7/21 - Activities Fair, Event Planning 101, Visitor Policy, Database Changes
- SAO Update Email - Fall 2021- emailed on August 24, 2021
- Spring 22 Event Registration Form - for Spring 2022 events
- Spring 22 Travel Registration Form - Please read the travel policies in the SAO Policy Manual travel information before you start the form.
- Spring 22 Virtual Activities Fair Schedule - Virtual activities fair schedule for 1/26/22 5pm-8pm and 1/27/22 5pm-8pm.
Quick Access: Resources
- Brown Student Organizations (alphabetical list with nickname, category, & advisor)
- Important Policies: Be sure to review our policies as your group plans events throughout the year.
- Student Organization Contact Updates: Use this form to update SAO with your student organization leadership and primary contacts.
- Reimbursement/Payment Portal - ONLY to be completed and submitted by an authorized Financial Signatory.
- SAO Guide to Financial Transactions: A Google site containing everything you need to know about transactions for your student group - includes our new online reimbursement process!
- Event Support Request Form: Need tables, chairs, podiums, tablecloths, etc.? Staff from SAO will work with you to update and finalize your estimate.
- SAO Reservation Form: Use this form to reserve a folding table, cashbox, etc. from the Student Activities Office.
- Performance and Recreation Group Physical Activity Liability Waiver Form: All student organization participants engaged in physical activity must complete this form every year for each group they join.
- Visitor Vaccine Attestation Form: Send this form to any instructors, outside partners, community members who will be on campus more than four times.
- Event Planning 101 Slides: Recap the information that was shared during our beginning-of-the-semester info sharing session.
- SAO/UCS/UFB Fall 2021 FAQ Document: Have a question about what is allowed this semester? Looking for more info on UFB Funding or UCS Categorization? Check here first!
- Brown Marketplace Request Form: Looking to sell tickets online for your event or sell merch or swag for your student group? Click this link to learn how to setup a portal for online purchases