STUDENT ACTIVITIES OFFICE
As part of the Division of Campus Life, the Student Activities Office leads campus efforts to support 400+ student groups. We support the Brown Outdoor Leadership Training (BOLT) and Liber Brunensis (Brown's Yearbook).
In addition, the office provides oversight and coordination for three facilities that serve the Brown community —the Stephen Robert '62 Campus Center, Greek on-campus housing, and both T.F. Green Hall and Alumnae Hall auditorium for student performing arts.
Student Activities also works closely with the Undergraduate Council of Students to recognize and support student organizations.
The Student Activities Office has created a policy manual for student organizations at Brown which is inclusive of all necessary policies related to recognition, events, safety, applicalable campus policies, etc. Should you have questions regarding the manual, please contact [email protected]
Student Activities Handbook - last updated September 2022
Like the SAO and Stephen Robert '62 Campus Center's on Facebook or follow us on Instagram!
Quick Access: Resources
- Brown Student Organizations (alphabetical list with nickname, category, & advisor)
- Important Policies: Be sure to review our policies as your group plans events throughout the year.
- Reimbursement/Payment Portal - ONLY to be completed and submitted by an authorized Financial Signatory.
- SAO Guide to Financial Transactions: A Google site containing everything you need to know about transactions for your student group - includes our new online reimbursement process!
- SAO Event Registration Request Form: Use this form to register your event.
- Event Support Request Form: Need tables, chairs, podiums, tablecloths, etc.? Staff from SAO will work with you to update and finalize your estimate.
- Event Management Plan Template: Use this template to design your event and submit it to the event registration form.
- SAO Reservation Form: Use this form to reserve a folding table/chairs, cashbox, etc. from the Student Activities Office. For banner space, chalking space, and Page-Robinson table reservation, please contact your advisor.
- Performance and Recreation Group Physical Activity Liability Waiver Form: All student organization participants engaged in physical activity must complete this form every year for each group they join.
- Visitor Vaccine Attestation Form: Send this form to any instructors, outside partners, community members who will be on campus more than four times.
- Brown Marketplace Request Form: Looking to sell tickets online for your event or sell merch or swag for your student group? Click this link to learn how to setup a portal for online purchases
- SAO Catering Request Form: Order your event catering through this form after emailing [email protected]
- Event Planning 101: Review the SAO Event Planning 101 slideshow which includes helpful links and reminders related to event planning