As part of the Division of Campus Life, the Student Activities Office leads campus efforts to support 500+ student groups. We support the Brown Outdoor Leadership Training (BOLT), Brown Student Agencies, Liber Brunensis (Brown's Yearbook) and Greek and Program House engagement.
In addition, the office provides oversight and coordination for three facilities that serve the Brown community —the Stephen Robert '62 Campus Center, Greek and Program Houses, and both T.F. Green Hall and Alumnae Hall auditorium for student performing arts.
Student Activities also works closely with the Undergraduate Council of Students to recognize and support student organizations.
SAO Available Remotely
The Student Activities Office staff are working remotely. We will be responding to phone calls and emails during our summer business hours, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday, and will be available to meet virtually with students. Please call 401-863-2341, email [email protected] or connect with your SAO advisor directly for assistance.
Visit covid.brown.edu for updates from Brown University on novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Summer 2021 Event Resources:
- SAO Update Email - Summer 2021: emailed on June 25th, 2021
- SAO Update Email - Spring 2021: emailed on January 21, 2021
- SAO/UCS/UFB Spring 2021 FAQs: Wondering what to do this spring as a student organization? Here is a list of FAQs from SAO/UCS/UFB.
- BEARLINK - Student organization main users may login to BearLink and set up their organization pages. If your group's main user is inactive this semester or you need to change that person, please email [email protected].
- Event Registration Form is now OPEN through Google Forms for Summer events. Student leaders are able to register virtual events for the semester.
- In-Person Activity Registration Form now open through Google Forms for the summer July 15th - August 9th for student organizations and their members only. Contact your advisor with questions.
- Feel Good Fridays - throughout the summer semester, attend one of these events on the Main Green
Quick Access: Resources
- Brown Student Organizations (alphabetical list with nickname, category, & advisor)
- Important Policies: Be sure to review our policies as your group plans events throughout the year.
- Reimbursement/Payment Portal - ONLY to be completed and submitted by an authorized Financial Signatory.
- SAO Guide to Financial Transactions: A Google site containing everything you need to know about transactions for your student group - includes our new online reimbursement process!
- Event Equipment Form: Download and complete the form then email it to [email protected]. Staff from SAO will work with you to update and finalize your estimate. (If you have any trouble downloading the spreadsheet, you may access the link from this page.)
- Party Manager Training: TBD (new program coming soon)
- SAO Reservation Form: Use this form to reserve a folding table, cashbox, etc. from the Student Activities Office.