Individual Nutrition Counseling
Health Services, 3rd floor
One-time and ongoing nutrition counseling with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) is available for all Brown students at Health Services. Nutrition visits are confidential, and covered by the Health Services fee, so insurance is not billed, and there is no session limit.
Reasons students schedule a nutrition visit:
- Preoccupation with food/body/exercise
- Current or history of disordered eating or eating disorder
- Struggles with chronic dieting and disrupted relationship with food
- Sports nutrition: helping student-athletes learn to fuel their bodies to perform at their best
- Healthy, balanced approach to eating in the dining halls or off meal plan
- Weight neutral, no-diet approach to metabolic conditions such as pre-diabetes/diabetes, PCOS, and hyperlipidemia
- Vegan/vegetarian nutrition
- General nutrition questions or concerns
Meet our Dietitian
Tracy Bergeron, RDN, CSSD, CEDRD-S, LDN (she/her/hers)
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and Licensed Dietitian in the state of Rhode Island
- Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian by the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals
Hello and welcome! Many people have no idea what to expect when meeting with a dietitian for the first time, so I thought I'd tell you a little about myself. I joined the team at Brown University Health Services in 2015. My goal is to provide a safe and inclusive space for individuals seeking to improve their relationship with food and body. Many don't realize that we are all born with the intuition to recognize when we're hungry and when we've had just enough; when we engage in body movement that we enjoy and when it's time to rest. We know which foods fuel us so we can perform at our best, and the ones we eat simply because we enjoy them. Unfortunately, we live in a diet culture that disrupts our intuition. I can help you discern nutrition facts from fiction, learn to trust your body's cues again, and get off the diet roller coaster for good (or perhaps avoid it in the first place!).
I am a proud "No-Diet Dietitian" and a Health at Every SizeⓇ clinician. Why you might ask? The answer is pretty simple... diets don't work! They are restrictive and ultimately unsustainable, which is why we go on and off them, which in the end worsens our relationship with food and leaves us feeling even worse about our bodies.
- Does your day feel consumed by thoughts about food, weight, exercise, and/or counting calories?
- Have you missed out on fun social events because you've found yourself preoccupied by thoughts about food?
- Do you categorize foods as good or bad, and feel guilty for violating self-imposed food rules?
- Are you concerned that your eating patterns have become disordered?
You're not alone. I can help. I've dedicated the past 15 years of my career to helping clients find balance in their relationship with food and body, and ultimately make peace with food.
Perhaps you don't have any eating or weight concerns, but just some general questions about navigating the dining halls, fueling for your sport, fueling your busy lifestyle, or eating off meal plan. I can help there too, so come on in!
Scheduling an Appointment
Call the dedicated Nutrition line at 401-863-3558. Voicemail is confidential. Please leave your name and phone number and a Team Assistant will return your call during business hours. Unfortunately, appointments cannot be scheduled via e-mail.
Looking for more information?
Check out the Nutrition & Eating Concerns page of our BWell website.
Please visit for more information about the Health at Every SizeⓇ approach to wellness.