CareerLAB supports Brown graduate students - both masters and doctoral candidates - along every step of their graduate school careers. Our services complement the essential advice you will receive from your faculty advisors.
The grad student section of the CareerLAB webiste is being updated. Please check back soon.
- CareerLAB programs for grad students are posted on GS-NOTICE, [email protected], [email protected] and Handshake.
- To make a 1/2 hour appointment with a Career Counselor, please use Brown Handshake or email [email protected] or [email protected].
- Grad student walk ins: Monday, 12-1 pm; Tuesday, 2-3 pm; Wednesday, 3-4 pm.
- For questions related to services and programs for graduate students, please email [email protected].
Resources for grad students:
- CareerLAB home page
- Handshake for events, recruiting, and to make an appointment
- Brown Connect for Brown's on-line alumni network
- Brown University LinkedIn Alumni Page
- Imagine PhD for Humanities and Social Sciences career exploration, self-assessment and resources
- My IDP for Life and Physical Sciences career exploration, self-assessment and resources
- Versatile Phd for alternative career resources
- CareerLAB databases and resources including tip sheets
- Interfolio Dossier Service
- Thursday, October 17
- 4:00-5:30 pm, CareerLAB
- Grab some cider, coffee and donuts
- Come to say hi if you already know us, or to meet us!
ImaginePhD: Exploring Your INDIVIDUAL Career Path and Possibilities for Humanites and Social Sciences Doctoral Students
- Monday, October 28
- Dinner: 5:30 pm, Petteruti, Robert Student Center
- Interactive Program: 6:00 - 8:30 pm
- RSVP required, space limited, register in Handshake
- Presenter: Annie Maxfield, National Design and Development Lead, ImaginePhD
- Thursday, October 31
- 12:30-1:30 pm, CareerLAB
- Presenter: Alexis Jackson '15
- Wednesday, November 13
- 4:00-5:00 pm Zoom webinar: https://brown.zoom.us/j/140091733
- Presenter: Miranda Nessler PhD
We look forward to working with you throughout your time at Brown!