Resumes and Cover Letters
Whether you’re simply networking or actually applying for a job or internship, a polished resume can distinguish you from other candidates. CareerLAB staff can help you produce resumes that merit a second look—and that land you an interview, the goal of all resumes.
PEER ADVISOR OPEN HOURS FOR RESUME AND COVER LETTER HELP RUN WILL RESUME ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9. CHECK BACK SOON FOR TIMES AND DATES.
- Read our Cover Letter/Resume/Interview Prep Sheet Cover Letter Tip Sheet and Resume Tip Sheet and sample resumes, and view sample cover letters used by Brown students.
- Come to walk-in hours with a first draft of your résumé or cover letter and have a career advisor or peer career advisor review your drafts. Receive one-on-one feedback and advice on persuading the employer that you have the skills, interests, and abilities they are looking for. Most students do several drafts before applying for a job or internship.
- Résumé Template
- Résumé Help: Line Spacing
- Résumé Help: Format Painter
LinkedIn & Online Profiles
A well designed LinkedIn profile will contain much of the information from your résumé and your best cover letter.
- Take a look at our Using Social Media for the Job and Internship Search tip sheet, get started on creating your profile, and then come by our Peer Advisor Open Hours on the 1st floor of the CareerLAB, Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday, 1:30 to 3:30pm; Tuesday and Wednesday 7 to 9pm. We’ll give you feedback on your profile and tips and advice on how to use LinkedIn to find jobs and internships and reach out to the more than 75,000 Brown alumni and student users on LinkedIn.
- Review this infographic from AC Online: College Student Guide to Professional Social Profiles.