Resumes and Cover Letters
On-Site Resume & Cover Letter Support
- Resume and Cover Letter workshops are offered throughout the year. Visit our calendar of events for more details on specific sessions.
- Peer Career Advisors are trained to review your Resume or Cover Letter. Email your resume to [email protected] for attend peer career advisor walk-in open hours.
- Grad Student Walk-In Hours are also available. Email [email protected] to schedule a zoom appointment.
Undergraduate Resume Resources
- Sample resumes with Tip Sheet
- Resume Template
- Resume/CoverLetter/Interview Prep Sheet
- Video: Resume Workshop
- Video: Awesome Resume Writing
- Resumes for Federal Government Jobs
- Partnership for Public Service Tip Sheet
- USA Jobs Resume Builder
- SEC Resume Template (Use this template as a starting point. Consider meeting with a PCA for help with further refinement.)
Graduate Student Resume/CV Resources
Cover Letter Resources
LinkedIn & Other Online Profiles
A well designed LinkedIn profile will contain much of the information from your résumé and your best cover letter.
- Take a look at our Using Social Media for the Job and Internship Search tip sheet, to get started on creating your profile.
- Peer Career Advisors are also trained to give you feedback on your profile. They can also provide advice on how to use LinkedIn to find jobs and internships and reach out to the more than 75,000 Brown alumni and student users on LinkedIn. They hold open hours every week for students to just drop by and ask questions.