Helping a Student in Distress

There are times when you may want to to suggest that a student seek help at Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). Here are some ideas about how to bring up the subject in a caring but forthright manner:

Tips for Referring a Student to CAPS

If you want to help a student in immediate psychological or emotional distress, the following links to Brown websites give advice on how to help, as well as information about relevant resources:

Helping a Friend in Crisis

Helping Students in Distress (for Faculty) 

Helping Students in Distress (for Staff)