WELCOME ALL NEW STUDENTS!
Please check out our resource slide show: LGBTQ Center!
WHAT RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE?
Since March of 2020 we have been providing our full range of services in a slightly different way. As of September 2021 we are back to meeting in person but additional options continue to be available. These include but are not limited to:
- Personal and academic advising and support, in person as well as by phone, email, online chat, video-conferencing, or another method that works well for you
- Provision of resources
- Educational information and material
- Social and cultural programs/opportunities for engagement through in person events and social media. We will be continuing some online discussions, live-streamed performances, and virtual lectures and workshops
- Consultation, policy advising, education, and support for faculty and staff
- Do you have a question? Just ask!
WHO CAN ACCESS OUR RESOURCES?
Any member of the Brown community including but not limited to undergraduate students, graduate students, medical students, post-docs, instructors & lecturers, staff, and faculty. Local community members are also welcome to participate in any of our programs that we advertise as open to the public.
Kelly Garrett (Director) and Caitlin O'Neill (Sr. Assistant Director) are in our offices every weekday and available to meet with any member of the campus community. We are generally scheduling meetings between 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. EDT but we are very willing to work with anyone who would like to set up a meeting time that works better for your time zone.
TO REQUEST A MEETING
To expedite the scheduling process please include your preferred method of communication (i.e. in person, phone, online chat, video conferencings, etc.) and include some days and times that generally work for you. If you're in another time zone (anywhere in the world) please let us know which time zone you are in so we can find a time that works for you.
STAY CONNECTED AND RECEIVE REGULAR UPDATES
ADDITIONAL CAMPUS RESOURCES
- Brown Center for Students of Color
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Undocumented First Generation and Low-Income Student Center
- Global Brown Center for International Students
- LGBTQ Center
- Office of Military Affiliated Students
- Sarah Doyle Center
- SHARE Advocates
- Student Support Services