SPRING 2020 - WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
Now that remote classes have begun, the LGBTQ Center wants to remind you that we are in full operation, ready and willing to support you as you navigate your class work and other types of work from on-campus, off-campus, home, or another remote location. We are here for all students – including undergraduates (on campus, off campus or away from Brown), graduate students, and medical school students.
WHAT RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE?
We are doing our best to provide our full range of services in a slightly different way. These include but are not limited to:
- Personal and academic advising and support by phone, email, online chat, video-conferencing, or another method that works well for you
- Provision of resources
- Educational information and material
- Social and cultural programs/opportunities for engagement through online discussions, live-streamed performances, and social media. For more info visit #ZoomUniversity Programs 2020
- Consultation, policy advising, education, and support for faculty and staff
- Do you have a question? Just ask!
WHO CAN ACCESS OUR RESOURCES?
Any member of the Brown community including but not limited to undergraduate students, graduate students, medical students, post-docs, instructors & lecturers, staff, and faculty. Local community members are also welcome to participate in any of our programs that we advertise as open to the public.
Kelly Garrett (Director) and Caitlin O'Neill (Assistant Director) are in our remote offices every weekday and available to meet with any member of the campus community. We are generally scheduling meetings between 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. EDT but we are very willing to work with anyone who would like to set up a meeting time that works better for your time zone.
TO REQUEST A MEETING
To expedite the scheduling process please include your preferred method of communication (i.e. phone, online chat, video conferencings, etc.) and include some days and times that generally work for you. If you're in another time zone (anywhere in the world) please let us know which time zone you are in so we can find a time that works for you.
STAY CONNECTED AND RECEIVE REGULAR UPDATES
ADDITIONAL CAMPUS RESOURCES
- Brown Center for Students of Color
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- First Generation College and Low-Income Student Center
- LGBTQ Center
- Sarah Doyle Center
- SHARE Advocates
- Student Support Services