Deadline: February 1
Applications open in early September for the following fall. All students begin the program in the fall (September); there is no option to start in spring. Admission is rolling, which means we may accept some students before the February 1 deadline. No applications can be accepted after February 1. You will be notified by the Graduate School if you are admitted. We expect to contact admitted applicants by mid-March.
Please provide unofficial (scanned) copies of your transcripts as part of the electronic application. You will be prompted to mail an official copy of your transcript if you accept an offer of admission.
- GRE General Test; Reporting code for Brown: 3094
- Record of grades or other academic performance; we do not require WES or other external evaluation of international transcripts. Please submit any transcripts available to give as complete a picture as possible of your educational record.
- CV or resume
- Personal statement (experience, interests, plans for the future; what should we know about you?)
- Writing sample (optional): If you have written a technical article or paper which you feel would help us evaluate your preparation for the program, this is where you would attach it.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (suggest to your letter writers that they look at this site)
- TOEFL or IELTS (for applicants whose native language is not English; see testing and waiver policies here).
- Reporting code for tests: 3094 (no departmental code)