REDCap is a secure web application that serves as an electronic data capture tool for research studies. REDCap allows users to build and manage online surveys and databases quickly and easily. To get started using REDCap, complete the Advance-CTR Service Request Form or register for a REDCap class or workshop.
Coming Soon! Our Biomedical Informatics and Cyberinfrasture Core is working to streamline research in Rhode Island. Investigators will soon be able to access REDCap regardless of institutional affiliation. Access will be available once the testing stage is complete. Stay tuned for more information.
Explore these helpful resources for using REDCap:
- How Do I Use Email Addresses When Sending Surveys?
- Protecting Sensitive Participant Information (PHI) in REDCap
- How to Ensure Proper Results When Using Filtering in the Reporting Feature
- How Does REDCap Link or Track Information for One Patient Between Forms?
- How to Replicate the Same Branching Logic for an entire Data Entry Form
- How to Back Up Your Data Dictionary
Submit your REDCap questions to [email protected]
Data Structure with REDCap: Active Design Rather Than Passive
Many users are not aware that they can choose what their database looks like in REDCap -- the key is to make those choices before you get started using REDCap's features. In this webinar, Ali Chambers, PhD, will demonstrate how planning the format and nomenclature of your data before you collect data and begin using REDCap will enhance your project and save you time down the line.
REDCap Advanced Users Series: Randomization
This webinar clears up the common misconception that REDCap randomizes your participants for you (Spoiler: it doesn't), and gives you all the tools you need to use the randomization module with your project.