The Advance-CTR Translational Research Seminar Series showcases clinical and translational research from across Rhode Island. Presentations, followed by feedback, allow presenters the opportunity to refine and strengthen their research. Seminars are held on the first Thursday of the month at rotating partner locations. They are also available watch remotely via Zoom.
2020 Seminar Series:
- Daria Szkwarko, DO, MPH: "Improving Rhode Island's Tuberculosis Preventive Services in Primary Care: A Mixed-Methods Evaluation of an Innovative Telementoring Model"
- Maricruz Rivera-Hernandez, PhD: "Medicare Advantage Plan Choice and Selection among Vulnerable Seniors"
Details: February 13, 2020 from 12-1 p.m. at Women & Infants Hospital, South Pavilion, Auditorium 4. Watch remotely.
- Marcella Thompson, PhD: "Translating Science and Research Results for Tribal Community through Intergenerational Workshops"
- Ashley Buchanan, DrPH & Hilary Aroke, MD, PhD: "Timely Initiation and Retention on Medication-based Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder among Medicaid Enrollees in Rhode Island"
Hilary Aroke is a postdoctoral research fellow working with Dr. Ashley Buchanan in the Department of Pharmacy Practice at URI. His current research is focused on the application of network science and novel statistical methods to causal inference in the presence of interference or contamination in risk networks among people who use drugs. In recent years he has conducted epidemiologic and network science research using a variety of data sources, including administrative claims data, electronic health records, SEERS Medicare, HCUP and the prescription drug monitoring program.
Details: March 12, 2020 from 12-1 p.m. at the University of Rhode Island Nursing Education Center, South Street Landing Room 305. Watch remotely.
- Athene Lee, PhD & Jessica Alber, PhD: "Using an Alzheimer's Disease Blood Test to Predict Amyloid PET in APOE É4 Non-Carriers"
- Claire Blevins, PhD & Ana Abrantes, PhD: "The Development of a Personalized, Real-Time Intervention for Substance-Using Emerging Adults Leaving Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization"
Details: April 9, 2020 from 12-1 p.m. at Butler Hospital, Back Hall of Ray Hall. Watch remotely.
- E. Whitney Evans, PhD & Jared Saletin, PhD: "Examining the Role of Chrononutrition in Behavioral Weight Control for Adolescents"
- Kate Demos, PhD & Jessica Unick, PhD: "Memory Bias of Affective Responses to Physical Activity: A Novel Intervention Target for Increasing Physical Activity"
Details: May 14, 2020 from 12-1 p.m. at Brown Molecular Medicine | 70 Ship Street, Room 107. Watch remotely.