The Advance-CTR Translational Research Seminar Series showcases clinical and translational research from across Rhode Island. Presentations, followed by feedback, allow presenters the opportunity to refine and strengthen their research. Seminars are held virtually on the second Thursday of each month.
- Sean Monaghan, MD: "Deep RNA Sequencing and Critical Care: Early Steps to Commercialization"
- Jonghwan Lee, PhD: "Minimally-Invasive Retinal Prosthesis to Restore Vision in Blindness: Preclinical Study"
Details: January 14, 2021 at 12 p.m. ET. Register now.
- Hector Lopez-Vergara, PhD: "Towards Testing the Cross-Cultural Validity of Dual-Process Models of Alcohol Use"
- Vanessa Harwood, PhD, and Alisa Baron, PhD: "Neurobiological Markers of Language and Literacy in Bilingual Children"
Details: February 11, 2021 at 12 p.m. ET. Register now.
- Jacquelyn Fede, PhD: "Ascertaining and Understanding Health Priorities in Rhode Island"
- Julie Plaut, PhD: Title TBA
Details: March 11, 2021 at 12 p.m. ET. Register now.
- Brian Kavanaugh, PsyD, and Luca Bartolini, MD: "Epilepsy and Neurocgnitive Function in Patients with Neurogentic Disorders"
- Deepan Dalal, MD, and Tingting Zhang, MD, PhD: "Impact of Aggressive Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapy on Osteoporotic Fractures in Older Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients"
Details: April 8, 2021 at 12 p.m. ET. Register now.
- Ami Vyas, PhD: "Are We 'Choosing Wisely' and Improving Value in Cancer Care?"
- Adeel Abbasi, MD: "Predicting Hemorrhage and Thrombosis in Mechanical Circulatory Support: A Study Using Machine Learning"
Details: May 13, 2021 at 12 p.m. ET. Register now.
- Jon Steingrimsson, PhD, and Issa Dahabreh, MD, ScD: "Transportability of Risk Prediction Models"
- Nan Li, PhD, and Kurt Pennell, PhD: "Cord Metabolome and Childhood Obesity and Cardiometabolic Disease Risk"
Details: June 10, 2021 at 12 p.m. ET. Register now.