The Health Careers Peer Advisors are an integral part of Brown's Health Careers Advising team. Consult a Brown undergraduate with experience as a health careers student during weekly office hours. The Peer Advisors also coordinate two highly-informative and engaging events each semester and share tips with students through the Premed Jo monthly Emails.
|Sundays||4pm- 6pm||Science Center, 303|
Christine Moon, Class of 2013.5
Hometown: Toronto Canada
- Swearer Center Community Fellow for Partnership for Adult Learning
- WiSE Mentor
- Residential Peer Leader
- Sexual Assault Advisor Board
- Brown Pre-Med AMSA (American Medical Students' Association) Executive Board Member
- Summer 2012: Clinical Cardiovascular Stem Cell Research, Toronto General Hospital, Canada.
- Summer 2013: Royce Fellowship, "The Good Life at the End of Life" an ethnographic research study examining the quality of life for South Korean elders living in Toronto, Canada.
- Christine took a semester off, and is now a proud 0.5er!
Michelle Bailhe, Class of 2015
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Concentration: Health & Human Biology
- imPulse Dance Company
- Teaching Assistant: PHP0320 Introduction to Public Health
- SHAPE Peer Educator
- March for Marriage Equality Co-Organizer
- Spending time with friends
- Winter 2103-present: Prisoner health research with the Center for Primary Care & Prevention, Memorial Hospital and the Center for Prisoner Health & Human Rights, Providence, RI.
- Summers 2011 & 2012: Autism research, UCLA Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA.
- Michelle loves graphic design, typography and other design-y things.
Catherine Dang, Class of 2015
Hometown: Corona, California
Concentration: Community Health
- Swearer Center Community Fellow for Algebra in Motion
- Brown Pre-Dental Society Executive Board Member
- Triple Helix Writer
- Fall 2012 - Present: Investigate the histological structures of bat wing using a selective stain for elastic tissue. Brown University Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology.
- Summer 2013: Investigating the effects of xylitol, the most common artifical sweetner on dental de- and re-mineralization. University of California, Irvine Beckman Laser Institute.
- May 2013 - Present: Access Scholar, an AmeriCorps position that works to accomplish the mission and goals of the National College Advising Corps to increase the number of low-income, first generation college and underrepresented students who enter and complete high school.
My best friend was the first friend I made (on my first day of kindergarten) in my life.
Mary Fei, Class of 2014
Hometown: Lincolnshire, Illinois
- Brown Chinacare Teacher
- WiSE Mentor
- Summer 2013 - Runa Tea Marketing Intern, Boston, MA.
- Summer 2012: NSF MedIX REU Intern: Medical informatics research on lunch pneumonitis, Samual Armato III lab, Chicago, IL.
- Spring 2012: Lab volunteer: Implemented western blots for the study of traumatic brain injury, Chodobska lab, Rhode Island Hospital.
- Summer 2011: HHMI-Brown Scholar: Studied glioblastoma tumor suppressive effects of neural stem cells in 3D petri dish in vitro, Jeffrey Morgan lab, Providence, RI.
- Studied a year abroad at St. Peter's College, Oxford and would love to tell you all about my travel experiences!
Savanah Harshbarger, Class of 2014
Home Town: Marblehead, Massachusetts
- National Director of Providence Alliance of Clinical Educators (PACE)
- CareerLAB Student Ambassador
- Vice President of Brown Students for Choice
- MEDLIFE Mobile Clinic Chair
- Transfer Orientation Counselor
- Brown Mock Trial Executive Board
- Volunteer: Brown SAT Prep
- Summer 2011 - 2014: Pharmacological Intervention in the Fragile X Autistic mouse, The Picower Institute for Learning & Memory, MIT, Cambridge, MA.
- April 2011 - May 2012: Neurophysiologic Markers of Emotional Narratives, The Center of Neuroeconomic Studies, Claremont Graduate School, Claremont, CA.
- October 2011 - May 2012: Neuropharmacological Manipulation of Birdsong in Zebra Finches, Keck Science Center, The Claremont Colleges, Claremont, CA.
- Savanah loves to kickbox and is trying to teach herself German in her spare time.
Jordan Shaw, Class of 2015
Home Town: Grand Prairie, Texas
- Residential Peer Leader: Women's Peer Counselor (WPC)
- NEUR 0100 Teaching Assistant
- Class Coordinating Board Secretary
- 2013 Gala Co-Chair
- Senior Week Party Manager
- Hasbro Children's Hospital, Partial Hospitalization Program Volunteer
- Spring 2012 - Present: Body Dysmorphic Disorder Research, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior.
- Summer 2013: Theory of Mind Sampling during Joint Attention, Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine department of Psychiatry
- Summer 2012: Neurogenetic Control of Lethargus in Caenorhabditis elegans, California Institute of Technology department of Biology
- 2009 - 2010: Effects of Exercise on Primary Cilia in Mouse Spinal Cord, University of North Texas department of Biology
- Jordan wants poetry recommendations.