Change of Grade for previously submitted Final Grade


Brown University Faculty/Instructors may submit grade changes in Undergraduate or Graduate courses for a previously submitted final grade that is less than one year from the original submission date. A link labeled Change of Final Grade may be found in the Faculty Services Menu of Self-Service Banner.   Instructions on how to enter the grade change can be found in the text area on the grade change page.

Any request beyond one year will need to be approved by the appropriate body as stated below: 

  • Undergraduates: Instructors may petition the Committee on Academic Standing in ASK 

  • Graduate students: Instructors may write to [email protected], who will forward the request to the appropriate dean in the Graduate School.