The Henry Merritt Wriston Fellowship is awarded each year to regular untenured members of the faculty (assistant professors and lecturers) who have achieved a record of excellence in teaching and scholarship during their first years at Brown. The winner, chosen by a faculty committee, is granted one semester of leave on special assignment at full compensation, including benefits, during the next academic year.
Applications for Wriston Fellowships are due by March 11, 2019. Faculty members interested in applying for this award are asked to submit their application packet electronically through UFunds. Applications should include the following:
- a personal essay describing the candidate's teaching philosophy and teaching accomplishments at Brown, and research plans for the fellowship semester (approx. 1000 words)
- a letter of support from the department chair
- two additional letters of support from colleagues who can comment on the candidate's teaching and on the merits of the proposal
- a current CV
- a listing of all courses taught (with enrollments), and leaves taken for each semester the candidate has been at Brown
- copies of teaching evaluations for the last two semesters of teaching
- submit application materials through UFunds, Brown's online application system.