Kathy Takayama will be assuming a new position as Associate Provost and Executive Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning at Columbia University at the end of August. Please join us for her farewell reception on Tuesday August 18th at the Faculty Club (3:30 - 5 pm).
Register now for:
New Faculty Orientation Workshop: Teaching for the First Time
Thurs, Sept 3, 12:30-1:30pm
Lunch will be served. RSVP here to reserve a place at this workshop.
New Faculty Orientation Workshop: Interactive Classrooms
Tues, Sept 8, 2-3pm
RSVP here to reserve a place at this workshop.
The Sheridan Center is a place where faculty, graduate students and postdocs come together from across the disciplines to inquire about, explore and reflect upon teaching and learning as ongoing and collaborative processes. Our programs, services and resources are available to all members of the Brown community, including full-time and part-time faculty, postdoctoral fellows, teaching fellows and teaching assistants.
The Sheridan Center is here to support you.
- We are Brown’s go-to-place for practical advice about teaching and professional development.
- We promote best practices and promising new practices in teaching.
- We support instructors as they launch and develop their professional careers.
- Programs on Teaching – orientations, workshops and lectures
- Course Development Grants – support to develop experimental modules or new courses that pursue creative approaches to teaching and learning
- Certificate Programs – five year-long certificate programs on teaching practice and preparation for professional careers
- Confidential Consulting Services – course and syllabus consultations, classroom observations, student evaluation consultations, practice teaching sessions, Presentation Consultations
- Support for Research – effective presentations, educational components of grants, program evaluations, scholarship on teaching & learning
- Career Planning – programs and resources to help launch and develop professional careers
- Teaching & Learning Resources – publications and online resources addressing a wide range of topics
- Community – programs and initiatives bringing together faculty, graduate students and postdocs from across the disciplines