Come join us for a high-energy, interactive performance that unveils the different ways we engage with and experience higher education. Through vivid sketches, re-visit your own experiences through the eyes of others and engage in transformative conversations. As a nationally renowned touring theatre company housed in the University of Michigan’s Center for Research on Learning & Teaching, the Players use a variety of performance modes and facilitation strategies to spark dialogue, promote inclusivity, and effect positive change. Follow-up discussion sessions and forums will be scheduled across campus by various groups, centers and offices. Please RSVP if you would like to attend.
The Sheridan Center is a place where faculty, graduate students and postdocs come together from across the disciplines to inquire about, explore and reflect upon teaching and learning as ongoing and collaborative processes. Our programs, services and resources are available to all members of the Brown community, including full-time and part-time faculty, postdoctoral fellows, teaching fellows and teaching assistants.
The Sheridan Center is here to support you.
- We are Brown’s go-to-place for practical advice about teaching and professional development.
- We promote best practices and promising new practices in teaching.
- We support instructors as they launch and develop their professional careers.
- Programs on Teaching – orientations, workshops and lectures
- Course Development Grants – support to develop experimental modules or new courses that pursue creative approaches to teaching and learning
- Certificate Programs – five year-long certificate programs on teaching practice and preparation for professional careers
- Confidential Consulting Services – course and syllabus consultations, classroom observations, student evaluation consultations, practice teaching sessions, Presentation Consultations
- Support for Research – effective presentations, educational components of grants, program evaluations, scholarship on teaching & learning
- Career Planning – programs and resources to help launch and develop professional careers
- Teaching & Learning Resources – publications and online resources addressing a wide range of topics
- Community – programs and initiatives bringing together faculty, graduate students and postdocs from across the disciplines