2015-16 Yearlong Theme: Re-envisioning
Each year, the Sheridan Center has a theme that informs our programming and creates links between our events and partners across campus. Our theme for 2015-16 is Re-envisioning Teaching and Learning at Brown. Join us at events throughout the year as we explore ways to re-envision different aspects of teaching and learning across disciplines, learning environments, and communities.
More information is available here.
Register now for:
New Faculty Orientation Workshop: Teaching for the First Time
Thurs, Sept 3, 12:30-1:30pm
Lunch will be served. RSVP here to reserve a place at this workshop.
New Faculty Orientation Workshop: Interactive Classrooms
Tues, Sept 8, 2-3pm
RSVP here to reserve a place at this workshop.
The Sheridan Center is a place where faculty, graduate students and postdocs come together from across the disciplines to inquire about, explore, and reflect upon teaching and learning as ongoing and collaborative processes. Our programs, services and resources are available to all members of the Brown community, including full-time and part-time faculty, postdoctoral fellows, teaching fellows, and teaching assistants.
The Sheridan Center is here to support you.
- We provide practical advice about teaching and professional development.
- We promote best practices and promising new practices in teaching.
- We support instructors as they launch and develop their professional careers.
- Programs on Teaching – orientations, workshops, and lectures
- Course Development Grants – support to develop experimental modules or new courses that pursue creative approaches to teaching and learning
- Certificate Programs – five year-long certificate programs on teaching practice and preparation for professional careers
- Confidential Consulting Services – course and syllabus consultations, classroom observations, student evaluation consultations, practice teaching sessions, Presentation Consultations
- Support for Research – effective presentations, educational components of grants, program evaluations, scholarship on teaching and learning
- Career Planning – programs and resources to help launch and develop professional careers
- Teaching and Learning Resources – publications and online resources addressing a wide range of topics
- Community – programs and initiatives bringing together faculty, graduate students, and postdocs from across the disciplines