Employee Tips For Getting Started in The Division of Biology and Medicine
Brown ID Number & Account
- Prior to your first day you will receive an email with your Brown ID number, which is required for activating your Brown account.
- Employees should go to https://myaccount.brown.edu/activate to activate their account.
- Once you have activated your account, log into Workday using your new Brown username and password to complete your onboarding tasks.
Brown ID Card & I-9
- Visit the Brown Business Center (BBC) to present your I-9 documentation and get your Brown ID card.. The BBC is located at Page-Robinson Hall, 69 Brown Street, 2nd floor.
- You must I-9 within 3 days of your start date.
- Be sure to bring your card access form to BioMed Facilities located in the BioMed Center, 171 Meeting Street, Suite 287. Your manager will provide you with the filled out form.
- If you will have keys for your building or office space, your manager will provide you with the filled out key authorization form.
- Your key will be ready for next business day pickup between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm at BioMed Facilities located in the BioMed Center, 171 Meeting Street, Suite 287.
- This map highlights the buildings you will need to visit.
- If you are looking to obtain parking on campus, plan to visit the Transportation Office, which is located in the same building as the BBC, Page-Robinson Hall, 69 Brown Street, 5th floor.
- Once you receive your Brown ID and activate your Brown account you can set up email.
- Visit myaccount.brown.edu
- Click "Log in and Manage Account"
- If prompted, log in with your Brown username and password.
- On the left menu, click Activate Brown Google Account
- Follow the steps on the screen and choose a password. Click here for complete instructions.
- BioMed Human Resources will sign you up for both University Orientation and BioMed Orientation.
- University Orientation introduces you to leadership at the University level and provides a benefits overview.
- BioMed Orientation is specific to the Division of Biology & Medicine and provides a deeper dive into other employee programs and benefits.
- We look forward to meeting you!
Parking and Transportation Services
- Brown University Parking Lots and Shuttle Routes
- Brown University Shuttle Tracker: Brown University Shuttle is a safety-oriented transportation service offered to the Brown community – students, faculty, and staff of Brown and hospital affiliates who have a Brown ID.
BioMed HR is here to help new employees get acclimated to Brown University. We hope you will find the resources here useful to you.