Open Enrollment is taking place November 9-November 30! Learn more.
Don't forget the Wellness Rewards deadline is December 31, 2020. Log into the portal to check on your progress, complete tasks, or submit for your Reward. Learn More.
Dependent Care Special Election: In response to changing childcare needs during the COVID-19 crisis, employees enrolled in the dependent care flexible spending plan (DCAP) can now change or temporarily suspend their DCAP elections. This special election is only available during the current crisis. Please note: this election cannot be implemented retroactively.
To initiate a change email [email protected].
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act was enacted on March 27, 2020, and is retroactively effective January 1, 2020. As a result, the following benefits are now available:
- Over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and medicines – these items are now eligible for FSA and HSA reimbursement. Eligible items include allergy medicine, cold and flu medicine, pain relievers, and more. In addition, it expands the definition of qualified medical expenses to include menstrual care products. View eligible expenses.
If you purchased an eligible OTC item on or after January 1, 2020, you can be reimbursed for this expense. You will need to log into your account at Sentinel Benefits (FSA) or Optum Bank (HSA) to request reimbursement. You can use your Sentinel Benny Card or your Optum Bank HSA card to pay for these expenses at the point of sale.
Back-up Care enhancements will be available this fall to assist faculty/staff with childcare needs. Enhancements include additional back-up care days, waived co-pays, and support services including access to an expanded network of tutors and educational caregivers. Learn more.
United Healthcare (UHC) and Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) have announced the dates of coverage and cost-sharing for the following benefits. The end dates for the cost-sharing waivers for certain benefits are listed below for both UHC and BCBS. As the public health emergency is fluid and ever-changing, these dates are subject to change. Please continue to look out for updates on the Benefits Spotlight page.
UNITED HEALTHCARE PPO AND CDHP
COVID-19 Treatment (diagnostic testing and testing related visits, antibody testing, and treatment): No Cost Share
- COVID in-network: Extended through October 22, 2020
- COVID out-of-network: Extended through October 22, 2020
Virtual Visits (UHC’s version of Telehealth): No Cost Share
- COVID-19 Related: January 20, 2021
- Non-COVID-19 Related: December 31, 2020
- The Virtual Visit is normally free of charge if you are a member of United Healthcare's comprehensive plan. For those in United Healthcare's high-deductible plan, the deductible will apply.
Telehealth: No Cost Share
- Waiver of member cost share will apply in-network only from July 25 through December 31, 2020
- COVID-19 Related: Extended through December 31, 2020
- Non-COVID-19 Related: January 20, 2021
- Telehealth Expanded Coverage (allows for certain providers to provide telehealth services, including audio and video visits): No Cost Share
- Updated program expiration date: Expanded coverage through December 31, 2020
BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD PPO
COVID-19 Treatment (diagnostic testing and testing related visits, antibody testing, and treatment): Cost sharing will be incurred.
- COVID in-network: January 20, 2021
- COVID out-of-network: January 20, 2021
Teladoc (BCBS’s version of Telehealth): No Cost Share
- Teladoc is normally free of charge if you are a Blue Cross Blue Shield member.
- Telehealth Expanded Coverage (allows for certain providers to provide telehealth services, including audio and video visits): No cost sharing incurred through December 31, 2020.