Welcome (back) to Brown and to Law Careers Advising!
Brown offers a wealth of support to students and alumni interested in the study and practice of law. One-on-one advising is available with our team of 3 academic deans and a faculty member. We support and organize events and programs about the application process, legal education, and law careers. Our main office is in the Pre-Professional Advising Center on the Ground Level the Hemisphere Building at 167 Angell Street (the building housing CareerLAB). We hold open hours in our main office, University Hall, and the Watson Institute. Explore our website, use our reference library and visit us in open hours. We look forward to speaking with you about your interests in law school and the profession.
Open Hours Fall 2019 (September 10- December 10)
- You are welcome to visit Deans George Vassilev and Shannon O'Neill during drop-in hours.
- Ari Gabinet is available by appointment only during the academic year.
- Before speaking with one of the Law Careers advisors, please complete and submit our online Law Careers Advising Office Registration Form. You will then be added to our Law Careers Advising listserv, which provides timely information about events, law school deadlines, and opportunities in the field.
- If you need to contact Law Careers Advising in regard to your law school Dean Certification forms, please see Contacts.
- No Open Hours with George Vassilev on Tuesday October 8
|Monday||Ari Gabinet||12-2pm||Schedule an appointment through Handshake - Watson Institute, 326|
|Tuesday||Ari Gabinet||12-1pm||Schedule an appointment through Handshake - Watson Institute, 326|
|Tuesday||George Vassilev||12-2pm||Hemisphere Building,167 Angell Street- Ground Floor|
|Tuesday||Shannon O'Neill||2-4pm||University Hall, 201|
We are glad to talk to all students and alumni about education and careers in law, whether you are just starting to explore the profession or preparing your law school applications. Please bring your résumé and a draft of your personal statement to your meeting if you wish to discuss them. These documents will ensure a useful and productive meeting. Alumni far from campus may schedule a phone appointment by contacting Kathy Toro-Ibanez.
Join us on Facebook!