Chemical Hygiene and Laboratory Safety
(Office Phone 401.863.1737, Office Fax 401.863.7676)
SAFE USE OF HEATING ELEMENTS IN LABORATORIES
Open the links to the right (below here) for essential guidelines to making your laboratory safer while using heating elements.
This section discusses provisions that should be taken when any type of heating element is used. (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/EHS/lab/hotwork/general.htm)
This section details provisions specific to equipment that should be taken in addition to the general precautions referenced in the section above.
This section describes incidents that have occurred where individuals have not taken the proper precautions before beginning work with heating elements.
Be sure to include special safe use of heating element procedures into Section 3 of the Chemical Hygiene Plan for your laboratory.
Links on Page
Brown Environmental Health & Safety (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/EHS/)
· Emergency Response (http://brown.edu/Administration/EHS/reporting_emergencies.html)
· Biological Safety (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/EHS/biological/)
· Fire Safety (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/EHS/fire/)
· Laboratory Safety (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/EHS/lab/)
· Laser Safety (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/EHS/laser/)
· Occupational H&S (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/EHS/ohs/)
· Radiation Safety (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/EHS/radiation/)
· Hazardous Waste (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/EHS/environmental)
· Pollution Prevention (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/EHS/environmental)
· Transportation (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/EHS/environmental)
· Wastewater (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/EHS/environmental)
· Current News (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/PAUR/media/)
· Resources (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/EHS/forms.html)
Brown Fire Safety (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/fire)
Brown Public Safety (http://www.brown.edu/Administration/Public_Safety/)
Brown Facilities Management (http://www.brown.edu/Facilities/Facilities_Management/)
National Fire Protection Association (http://www.nfpa.org)
Maintained by Daniel Sarachick(mailto: Daniel_Sarachick@brown.edu)
Office of Environmental Health and Safety
Last Updated on