The Brown University Drone / Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Policy was developed to identify and support authorized UAS use for University related activities.
Current Approved Drone Flights:
Drone flights have been approved for a campus wide project on December 5th and 6th, from 10am through midnight. Please note that the drone operators have an FAA waiver to fly at night.
- Brown University Export Control Compliance
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- FAA DroneZone for Registration of UAS
- Federal Aviation Administration – For Educational Users
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Part 107 Guidelines
- International Drone Laws
- Library of Congress Drone Regulation Information
- Master List of Drone Laws
- Voluntary Best Practices for UAS Privacy, Transparency, and Accountability