Important insurance information regarding COVID-19 if you are covered by the Student Health Insurance Plan:
- Your coverage will continue through the summer until August 14, 2020, even if you graduate.
- All returning students will automatically be re-enrolled for the next policy year.
- If you don’t wish to be re-enrolled, a waiver form must be completed by a date to be determined.
The plan will continue to provide coverage nationally and internationally.
United Healthcare Student Resources NEWS RELEASE - COVID-19
For updated information regarding your United Healthcare Student Resources Plan, please click on the below link.
Specific to the Brown Student Health Insurance Plan:
- Referrals are not required
- Virtual visits are covered
- Testing for COVID-19 is covered and member cost-sharing will be waived, including copays, coinsurance, and deductibles, for COVID-19 diagnostic testing provided at approved locations in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Update as of 6/17/2020:
UHCSR Date Expansion and Cost Share Updates for Telehealth Visits:
- For COVID-19 in-network-only telehealth services, UnitedHealthcare will extend the cost share waiver through Sept. 30, 2020.
- For COVID-19 out-of-network telehealth services, UnitedHealthcare is waiving cost share through the national public health emergency period, currently set at July 24, 2020.
- For non-COVID-19 in-network-only telehealth services, UnitedHealthcare will extend the cost share waiver through Sept. 30, 2020.
This information can be found on the UHCSR.com News link (https://www.uhcsr.com/news-main) under COVID-19 Provider Information.
The Insurance Office is the part of Strategic Purchasing, Contracts & Insurance that is responsible for the University's self-insured and commercial insurance programs, including workers' compensation, general liability, auto, and property insurance. The staff responsible for these areas can assist faculty, students and staff in evaluating situations relating to insurance and risk assessment.
The Insurance Office is also responsible for overseeing the University's student health and dental insurance plans.