If the field trip is considered mandatory for the course:
- Brown should provide transportation (bus service or rental vehicles with authorized drivers)
- It is not necessary to require students to sign a Release and Waiver form if the field trip is a requirement of the course.
If participation in the field trip is voluntary:
- Students can arrange their own transportation (Consider RIPTA, which is free when you show your Brown ID)
- Students should sign a Release and Waiver/Assumption of Risk form (available from the Office of the General Counsel).
In either case:
- Can Zip Car be used?
- Can Academy Bus be used?
- It is possible to rent a vehicle or 7 passenger van?
- safeDrive guidelines must be followed
- If an employee's personal vehicle is used, the vehicle owner’s personal auto insurance is primary in the event of an accident.