International Accident & Sickness Insurance

Brown University Study/Travel Abroad Insurance (Outbound Travelers - Traveling Overseas) 

Effective July 1, 2018, Brown University students, faculty and staff  traveling abroad on behalf of Brown University (i.e. study abroad,  research or business travel) are automatically enrolled in a blanket study/travel abroad accident and sickness insurance policy.  If you need travel, medical, or security assistance or have any questions, please contact International SOS 24/7 Assistance using the phone numbers on the ID card. 

Here is a link to your International SOS 24/7 Assistance ID card.  A summary of the benefits covered on the study/travel abroad accident and sickness insurance policy can be found here

To obtain a verification of coverage letter for this policy, please email us at

Leisure Travel Abroad Insurance

If you plan to include personal time (vacation, visiting family, non-Brown related travel, etc.) pre-trip or post- trip, you might want to consider purchasing supplemental coverage to your private health insurance to reduce co-pays, out of network expenses, etc.  Gallagher partners with Seven Corners, Inc, who offers all types of personal travel insurance. Individuals can enroll and pay online. This coverage is optional, to reduce out of pocket expenses associated with your private health insurance. We suggest you contact your health insurer prior to traveling abroad, to see what coverage you have available while you are outside of the country.


Accident and Sickness plan for International Participants (Inbound to Brown)

Inbound scholars may enroll at  Simply click on the ENROLL NOW link on the left side of the page, and it will prompt you to create an account and then enroll.

  • Since you are not issued a Brown ID until you reach campus, please enter 999999999 in the Brown ID field when setting up your account.  
  • You will also be asked to provide a United States address when enrolling. If you do not yet have a United States address, please use the address of the department with which you are associated.  All correspondence from Gallagher is via email, therefore no mail will be sent to this address.