Brown students enjoy an unusually high degree of freedom to structure their own education. In order to exercise this freedom responsibly, students need informed support and guidance from their parents as well as Brown faculty and administrators. This website is intended to help you, as a family member, understand the Brown curriculum and experience, and know what resources and opportunities are available -- so that you may help your student to think about their choices and encourage them to use the supports available to them.
- Parents & Families Newsletters are sent periodically during the year with information about new initiatives, highlights of campus resources, and upcoming dates and deadlines for students.
- Parents may subscribe to the weekly email of News from Brown which compiles recent stories about exciting work by Brown faculty, students and alumni.
- The websites of many administrative and service offices include sections specifically for parents (e.g., Health Services, Student Activities, Student Support Services.)
- Advancement sends an e-Newsletter periodically to parents of Brown students with information about amazing endeavors students and faculty are embarked upon, speakers and events on campus, regional receptions around the U.S., and the Parents Annual Fund.
- The Brown Daily Herald has been in publication as a student newspaper since 1891. Students, alumni and others may read the daily edition on line or subscribe to receive a daily email of headlines. Visit the BDH website at http://browndailyherald.com