MBSR: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an effective, scientifically researched method for reducing physical and psychological suffering while building resilience, balance, and peace of mind.
Learning to practice mindfulness provides a way of relating directly with whatever is happening in your life, a way of taking charge of your life, of consciously and systematically noticing and responding to your own stress and pain,, and to the challenges and demands of living as well.
This starts with cultivating present-moment attention in an open, nonjudgmental way. MBSR is a nonsectarian, scientifically researched approach that is in harmony with any faith-based tradition.
Classes offered in-person and live-online.
Scientific research at medical and research centers around the world suggests that MBSR can positively and often profoundly affect participants' lives.
The benefits include:
- Stress reduction
- Decreased medical symptoms
- Improved self care
- Greater ability to manage anxiety and depression
- Loosening of the grip of negative habits and thinking
- Improvement in symptoms of burnout
- Clearer recognition of when your attitude or mood is beginning to change so you can become less reactive.
- Discovery that difficult and unwanted thoughts and feelings can be seen from an altogether different perspective – a perspective that brings with it a sense of compassion and less judgment to the suffering you are experiencing.
- Improved sense of well-being: Learn how to be present and appreciate the simple pleasures of everyday life, connect with yourself, and the experience of being alive