Resources for Brown Grad Students
Brown University Student Organizations:
Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
SACNAS is an inclusive organization dedicated to fostering the success of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans, from undergraduates to professionals, in attaining advanced degrees, careers, and positions of leadership in STEM fields. The Brown University Chapter of SACNAS is dedicated to promoting and achieving true diversity in STEM at Brown University and beyond through professional development, civic engagement, and community building. SACNAS is open to ALL undergraduate students, post-bac students, graduate students, and post-docs.
Contact us at [email protected]!
Diversity Resources and References:
- Scientista is the largest network of college and graduate women innovating science, technology, engineering, and medicine (STEM). Scientista works with student leaders to increase the number of women studying and pursuing careers in STEM by 1) increasing the visibility of women in STEM and by 2) strengthening communities for women in STEM.
- SACNAS is a society of scientists dedicated to fostering the success of Hispanic/Chicano and Native American scientists—from college students to professionals—to attain advanced degrees, careers, and positions of leadership. SACNAS members are dedicated to giving back through mentorship, peer networks, and professional development, and to engaging in science research and leadership of the highest caliber.
- AAC&U Diversity, Equity, & Inclusive Excellence Resource Hub - AAC&U’s diversity resources page, where the association highlights meetings, institutes, publications, projects, and other selected diversity resources available online.
- DiversityAbroad.com is an online resource center for minority and economically disadvantaged students interested in study abroad. Students can search for international scholarships as well as study abroad, intern, volunteer and work abroad opportunities.
- MentorNet is the award-winning nonprofit e-mentoring network that positively affects the retention and success of those in engineering, science and mathematics, particularly but not exclusively women and others underrepresented in these fields.
- Diversity Issues is a collection of articles from AAAS’s Science Career Magazine that focus on issues of diversity in STEM. Previous issues available online.
- Diversityworking.com is the largest diversity job board online. It is also a national Career Expo producer for the diversity marketplace.
- The Institute for Diversity in Health Management is committed to expanding health care leadership opportunities for ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse individuals, and increasing the number of these individuals entering and advancing in the field. Current newsletter
- The American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) mission is to increase substantially the representation of American Indian and Alaskan Natives in engineering, science and other related technology disciplines.
Problems with a link? Please contact [email protected] to let us know!