The University's project to rebuild brown.edu reached a significant milestone in April 2019 with the launch of a new homepage and approximately 50 top-level webpages.
Brown.edu — a modern, accessible website that creates a cohesive user experience and tells Brown's stories to the world — now includes:
- A visual design that is beautiful, compelling and usable.
- Flexible design components that meet web accessibility requirements and can be assembled into different page layouts to meet the unique needs of individual units.
- A Drupal 8 platform for building websites that supports continuous improvement and sustained success.
- New webpages for the About, Academics, Admission & Aid, Life at Brown and Research sections of brown.edu.
- A logical, easy-to-understand navigation structure.
What happens next?
The next phase of the brown.edu rebuild project is sequentially rebuilding the remaining 200+ official University sites in the new Drupal 8 content management system. That multi-phase process is expected to take up to two years, and the sequence for the department and office page rebuilds is being guided by Brown’s executive leadership. The Office of University Communications and Computing and Information Services will schedule work and provide support to individual departments and campus units for rebuilding their sites.
Your feedback is important as we develop the best possible website for Brown. Please send comments and questions to [email protected].