Brown’s Office of University Communications is a strategic guide and partner in elevating the public positioning of the University’s programs and initiatives.
We work with academic and administrative units across campus to plan and execute strategic communications, marketing and public relations programming that includes news operations, media relations, reputation and brand management, internal and external communications, Web and digital strategy, and social media and multimedia engagement.
In line with the academic mission and strategic priorities of the University, we prioritize high-impact projects that strongly position the University in meeting the following objectives:
- Highlighting Brown’s innovative education and commitment to teaching, learning and discovery
- Showcasing the research and scholarship of our faculty and students among national and international audiences
- Communicating Brown’s impact on some of the greatest challenges facing our society and our world
- Attracting and recruiting extraordinary student and faculty talent from a full range of diverse backgrounds
- Displaying Brown’s robust campus life and state-of-the-art facilities
- Demonstrating Brown’s economic, educational, social and cultural contributions to the city, state and the region
- Supporting efforts to increase investment in Brown’s priorities
- Engaging external partners — including alumni, parents, foundations, education advocates, and government and community leaders — in the work of the University
- Promoting enduring, lifelong relationships between Brown and its extended family