Strategic Sourcing is an organized, collaborative, data-driven approach to making informed purchasing decisions that result in achieving cost savings, improved services, and process efficiencies. It is a structured process of analyzing and leveraging overall spend to reduce the total cost of purchased goods and services through identification of consolidation opportunities and negotiation of competitive contracts to implement the most optimal solutions. The focus is on the total cost of ownership (TCO), which is not necessarily the lowest purchase price.
Your Partner for Savings
The Strategic Sourcing team is generally organized by specific categories of spend and is here to assist Brown departments and schools in making informed decisions related to their sourcing needs with the goal of achieving the best overall value for Brown, while ensuring alignment with University priorities, policies, and other requirements.
How can we help?
● Partner with departmental stakeholders to understand needs and challenges, identify opportunities, and develop sourcing strategies
● Review spend analytics reports with you to help you make informed purchasing decisions
● Facilitate RFP processes and assist with business reviews and supplier relationship management
● Provide guidance on strategic suppliers and existing University-wide contracts
● Assist with identification of suppliers and access to competitively bid contracts through group purchasing cooperatives
To request assistance with an RFP, please complete the Strategic Sourcing Project Intake Form. The information on this form will be used to determine the most appropriate guidance, sourcing strategy, and team member to be assigned to assist you.