General Admission Information
Admission to the Biotechnology Graduate Program is open to students with appropriate backgrounds in biology, biophysics, chemistry, physics, engineering, or materials science.
Application deadline for students accepted to start in fall and spring semesters:
- November 15 (Spring start)
- April 15 (Fall start)
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required.
- Proficiency in English is expected.
How to Apply
- Prospective students must fill out Graduate School application, 3 letters of recommendation, provide a personal statement, CV/Resume, and indicate interest in the Biotechnology Master’s Program.
- Application can be found at the Graduate School website.
- International applicants can find more information at the Graduate School website.
Tuition and Fees
The Biotechnology Master’s degree is an eight-credit degree which students typically complete over two years.
- The 2018-2019 cost of tuition is $6,790 per credit or $54,320 for eight credits.
- Please note: tuition costs may increase in 2019-2020.
- The majority of students enrolled in master’s programs at Brown are self-supported.
- Teaching assistant (TA) appointments are available on a very limited, ad hoc basis.
- Students may also be eligible for federal loans.
- Students can also spread billed costs by enrolling in an Installment Payment Plan.
- Brown also participates in the Post 911 GI Bill and the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program for eligible veterans.
- The Biotechnology Graduate Program participates in experiential learning in which students can participate in a 6-month, paid co-op.