School of Engineering, 345 Brook Street

Barus and Holley is home to the Department of Physics and the School of Engineering. Built in 1965, the 7-story structure includes 117 laboratories, 150 offices, 15 classrooms, 29 laboratory classrooms, and 3 lecture halls. Prince Laboratory, built in 1962, is a two-story brick and concrete building that provides room for research, a machine shop, a wind tunnel and offices, and the later addition of Giancarlo Labs in 2001 added more laboratory and research space. The new Engineering Research Center addition recently opened its doors in October of 2017. ERC is also home to the BioFoundry, a new 300 ft2 class 1000 cleanroom space equipped for cell culture and adjacent to the main SoE cleanroom. This area will allow for faculty to bring design into their courses and students to prototype and design with living systems.  

The Shukla and Toussaint labs are located in ERC. Barus and Holley is home to the Nurmikko Lab.