Why choose Brown BME for graduate school?
Cutting-edge, interdisciplinary, graduate-level education at the interface of engineering, biology, and medicine.
- Brown BME is ranked #8 in the US in faculty citations by Academic Analytics.
- The program is distinguished by its strong and collaborative connections between academic science, clinical medicine, and industry.
Students and faculty from diverse training, ethnic, gender, and social backgrounds.
- The University is committed to creating a more diverse and inclusive academic community. Please read about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- >30% of our primary BME faculty are women.
- Graduate students in BME come from diverse training, including research and industry, and backgrounds, including sciences (such as physics, chemistry, and biology), mathematics, and several fields of engineering (such as mechanical, electrical, and chemical engineering).
Graduate students gain both the intellectual and the practical skills required for developing today's emerging science into useful biomedical technology and therapies.
Students customize their curriculum.
- choose your own engineering, biology, and medical school courses
- options to gain valuable clinical experience at nearby teaching hospitals associated with the Brown Medical School
The program is designed for student success.
- There are rigorous checkpoints, but most students who enter our programs finish.
Located in the heart of affordable, spirited, and creative Providence, RI
- “Providence combines the accessibility and friendliness of a small town with the culture and sophistication of a big city. With a thriving arts community, vibrant and diverse neighborhoods, outstanding hotels, a renowned restaurant scene and so many things to do, Providence is the perfect place to [attend graduate school].” -Providence Warwick Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Providence has recently been featured in Architectural Digest, GQ, Travel + Leisure, and the New York Times.