On Call Expectations
- Triage new consults at Rhode Island Hospital, Hasbro Children's Hospital, and Women & Infants Hospital
- See some consults yourself and distribute others to co-residents
- Support the 2 medicine residents and 1 APP covering the inpatient neurology services after hours
- Support the 1 APP covering the neurocritical care unit after hours
- The on call resident does not cover phone calls from outside hospitals or private patients of the attendings
- The on call resident does not cover consults at hospitals other than the ones listed above
Who's Your Back Up?
- Sunday through Friday nights: PGY-4 supports the on-call resident by home call. There is additional faculty back-up.
- Saturday day and night and Sunday during the day: Faculty members support the on-call resident by home call.
- If additional residents need to be called into the hospital, this must be cleared with the program director.
Number of On Call Shifts
Saturday – Thursday
4 -5 weeks/PGY-2 year (Jan-Jun)
4-5 weeks/PGY-3 (Jul-Dec)
24 calls/PGY-2 year
10 calls/PGY-3 year
Sat OR Sun
|Friday overnight call||4:30pm-8:00am||