The primary function of the IACUC is to assist faculty, students and staff in upholding Brown University's determination to assure the finest care and most humane utilization of our laboratory animals. To this end, every research, testing, and teaching project involving the use of a live vertebrate animals must be reviewed and approved by the IACUC prior to initiation.
- Administrative functions are conducted out of the Research Protections Office (RPO).
- Animal use applications and renewals need to be completed and submitted in Coeus.
- Generally allow 4 weeks for protocol review. Under unusual circumstances review time may be extended.
- Please address administrative questions to the IACUC Manager.
- Please address questions regarding animal care to the Director of Animal Care.
- The campus veterinarians have their offices in the Animal Care Facility office in the BioMedical Center and are available for consultation and assistance on animal care and experimental questions.
- IACUC Coeus Forms and Guides
- Policies and Links
- Amendment Guidance
- Animal Care
- What Investigators Need to Know About the Use of Animals
- Open Hours
- One Protocol for Multiple Proposals
The Research Protections Office is located at 2 Stimson Avenue, Brown University, Box 1986, Providence, RI 02912. Phone: (401) 863-3050.