(Online MPH students, review our Online MPH Financial Information)
Financial Information for Brown U First Years & New Students
Welcome to our Brown community! The following items will help you become familiar with Brown's systems and policies related to your student account. Our EBill & Payment User Guide provides detailed instructions for using our billing system.
All Student Account Billing is done electronically (EBill).
All billing activity may be viewed through payment.brown.edu. Brown does not generate or mail any paper billing statements. Fall bills are generated in late June; spring bills in late November. The billing statements are a snapshot of the student account at the time of billing. Any student account charges or credits that happen after the semester billing statement is generated are reflected in the "Account Activity" section of payment.brown.edu. (Note: Brown University does not currently require a deposit for incoming first year undergraduate students)
Payment deadlines are August 1st for Fall charges and January 1st for Spring charges.
Payment may be made online with U.S. personal checking and savings accounts through payment.brown.edu, through Flywire for international payments, or by check via mail to our Cashier Office at Brown University Cashier Office, Box 1911, Providence, RI 02912.
Flywire is Brown’s preferred method of payment for international student account payments. Flywire provides international students with a safe, secure method of making and tracking payments. The University has partnered with Flywire to offer a streamlined and cost saving payment method. With this partnership, students and families are offered the ability to pay in home currency and are able to track payments and receive notification when the payment is received by Brown University.
Students need to set up preferences in payment.brown.edu to manage account access and refund methods.
- Give parents/family members access to view and pay your bill by setting them up as Authorized Users
- Setup your ERefund Profile to receive any eligible credit balance refunds electronically (most secure & fastest method)
- Consent to receive your education tax credit 1098T form electronically
Complete these items in Banner Self Service to provide your information or satisfy aid requirements.
- Verify or provide your Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number for 1098-T tax credit purposes
- If you are applying for financial aid, complete any unsatisfied requirements for financial aid or loans and complete the Title IV Authorization form. This form allows Brown to apply your federal student aid toward your student account charges (found under the Financial Aid section of Banner Self Service).
If interested, enroll in our optional Installment Payment Plan (IPP) during the enrollment period, June 23rd through August 2nd.
IPP enrollment closes on August 2nd for the fall and on January 2nd for the spring.
Make decisions regarding Student Health Insurance (SHIP).
SHIP is automatically billed to your student account. If you have adequate alternate coverage, you may be able to waive SHIP by the waiver deadline. If you are an aided student and you do not currently have health insurance, please complete the online waiver process to be considered for a scholarship to help cover the cost. Contact [email protected] for additional information.
Be aware of financial hold policies that impact registration and enrollment.
Verify that any anticipated support pays to your student account.
This can include support from scholarship agencies, college savings plans, and other outside sources. Any unpaid memo credits for anticipated support are removed from students accounts on October 15th for Fall and on February 15th for Spring. Students are responsible for paying any remaining balances.
Helpful Resources and Contact Information:
- Activate your Brown email account to receive important university communications
- Student Financial Services Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
- Brown U Undergrad Orientation
- Division of Campus Life Parents & Families
- Financial Aid Admitted Students
- Dining & Meal Plan
- Residential Life Housing
For questions regarding changes to housing or dining, students should reference their room agreement or meal agreement.
Please contact our team with any questions regarding your student account. We wish you the best and we look forward to connecting with you soon.
Student Financial Services