We wish to welcome you to our Brown community and provide you with some important financial information related to your student account.
Student Account Billing for Fall 2021 takes place on July 8th and payment is due on August 1st.
Fall 2021 Financial Checklist for Brown U First Years & New Students
Please complete the checklist actions below.
____ Become familiar with our Student Account Billing. Electronic billing (EBill) is Brown University’s official method of billing - no paper statements are produced or mailed. Billing statements can be accessed in payment.brown.edu. EBills are only created at the beginning of each semester. Any adjustments to charges or support will generate a notification email to be sent to the student’s Brown email address. These changes can be viewed in the “Account Activity” section of payment.brown.edu.
● Give parents/family members access to view and pay your bill by setting them up as Authorized Users
● Setup your ERefund Profile to receive any eligible credit balance refunds electronically. This is the fastest and most secure way to receive your future refunds, if eligible
● Consent to receive your education tax credit 1098T form electronically
____ Complete these items in Banner Self Service
● Complete Title IV Authorization form to allow your federal student aid to be applied toward your student account charges. (under Financial Aid section)
● Verify or provide your social security number for 1098-T tax credit purposes
● Complete any unsatisfied requirements for financial aid or loans
____ Become familiar with our Installment Payment Plan. Enrollment begins July 8th and the deadline to enroll is August 1st.
___ Make decisions regarding Student Health Insurance (SHIP). SHIP is billed to your student account. If you have adequate alternate coverage, you may be able to waive SHIP by the waiver deadline. If you are an aided student and you do not currently have health insurance, please complete the online waiver process to be considered for a scholarship to help cover the cost. Contact the Insurance Office at [email protected] for additional information.
____Be aware of financial hold policies that impact registration and enrollment
Once you receive email notification of your student account statement on July 8th:
___ Login to payment.brown.edu. Select “Billing Statements” to view your Fall 2021 bill. Note, select “Account Activity” to view any changes that may occur after the billing statement is generated. Our EBill & Payment User Guide provides detailed instructions. For questions regarding changes to housing or dining, students should reference their room agreement or meal agreement.
___ Pay Fall 2021 charges by the August 1st deadline. Payment may be made online through payment.brown.edu, through Flywire for international students, or by mail to our Cashier Office at Brown University Cashier Office, Box 1911, Providence, RI 02912.
___ Verify that any anticipated support pays to your student account. This can include support from scholarship agencies, college savings plans, and other outside sources. Any unpaid memo credits for anticipated support will be removed from students accounts on October 15th and students will be responsible for paying any remaining balances.
Helpful Resources and Contact Information:
● Activate your Brown email account to receive important university communications
● Division of Campus Life Parents & Families
Please contact your student account representative with any questions regarding your student account. We wish you the best and we look forward to connecting with you soon.
Student Financial Services