Student Account Refund of Overpayments

Important Timing for Refund Requests

Credit balance refunds are processed on of after the start of the semester.  Please wait to submit refund requests until the start of the semester. 

Refund Process

Brown's preferred method for refunding credit balances is electronic ACH to your designated U.S. personal checking or savings account (eRefund). This method ensures timely and accurate processing of your eligible refund. 

Step 1

Students must setup eRefund at (U.S. personal checking or savings account only). See our EBill & Payment User Guide for help. This must be done BEFORE submitting the refund request form below.

Step 2

Complete and submit a Student Refund Request Form no earlier than 3 days before the start of the semester. Refunds will be processed once the semester begins and credit balances are a result of actual aid disbursements or payments on the student account. (Anticipated aid or memos are not eligible to be refunded.)

Note: Students without eRefund setup will experience a delay in processing of their refunds and will be issued a paper check.