The majority of students enrolled in Master’s programs at Brown are self-supported.
Our tuition scale is competitive.
Students pay per course credit and are required to take 8 courses over 4 semesters. Learn more about tuition and fees.
- The Grad School's tuition rates are based on a 4-course per semester schedule.
- The BME Master's Program does not follow the pay scale for the Engineering Master's program (it's cheaper!).
The BME Master’s degree is an eight credit degree which students typically complete over two years. The 2019-2020 cost of tuition is $ 7,139 per credit.
- With fees, the cost for the 1st year of a 2-year degree is $29,624 for the 2019-2020 academic year. The 2-year degree will cost approximately $59,284, but please note: tuition costs may increase in 2020-2021. The 2019-2020 Graduate Financing Worksheet can be a useful tool to for financial planning.
- Students can also spread billed costs by enrolling in an Installment Payment Plan.
Limited funding opportunities are available.
- TA appointments are available on a very limited, ad hoc basis.
- Students can apply for outside fellowships such as those listed in 2019-2020 Scholarships List.
- Some students may also be eligible for federal loans. Learn more about about financing a Master’s degree and loan options.
- Brown also participates in the Post 911 GI Bill and the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program for eligible veterans.
- In experiential learning, students can participate in a 6 month paid co-op.