Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible to have their wedding at Brown?
Brown alumni, staff and current undergraduate and graduate students may be granted permission to use or to rent space on the Brown University campus for the purpose of a wedding ceremony and/or reception when it is available. Brown reserves the right to reject applications for space use at any time, or to cancel previous permission to use space at any time, with or without cause.

Can I get married on the Main Green, Lincoln Field, etc?
While we appreciate that the Brown community has very strong attachments to our beautiful campus, there are simply far too many University events for us to guarantee the reservation of locations other than those on our list of ceremony and reception locations. This includes Sayles Hall, the Main Green, Lincoln Field and others. Please see our list of approved ceremony and reception locations for more information.

Where can my guests park?
The Faculty Club and Chaplain's Office will be more than happy to discuss parking options with you for your guests. Please see our list of reception locations for contact information.

Where can I find directions to Brown?
Please visit the Brown Faculty Club website for directions there.
Please visit the Office of the Chaplains and Religious Life website for directions to Manning Chapel.
You will find additional maps of other Brown buildings on the Brown website.

Do I need to insure my ceremony and reception?
Yes. As per the Office of Insurance and Purchasing Services, to minimize University risk for non-university events/activities, outside users are required to provide documentation of their ability to assume the liability associated with their event. The acceptable form of this documentation is a certificate of insurance to cover their event and use the University facilities. The certificate of insurance must be sent to the Office of Insurance and Purchasing Services at least two weeks prior to the event.
Note: A certificate of insurance is not required for the Brown Faculty Club.

Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
Please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (401) 863-3307.