The program is designed to ensure that students take a significant portion of the usual curriculum in Engineering and in Physics, obtain substantial laboratory experience, and take several upper-level elective courses, focusing on applied science. Students may take either the standard Physics or Engineering programs during their freshman and sophomore years and then switch to this combined program. The Sc.B. degree program in Engineering and Physics is not accredited by ABET.
Engineering and Physics
The Sc.B. program in Engineering and Physics is sponsored jointly by the School of Engineering and the Department of Physics.
Students in this concentration will:
- Understand physical laws and their applications as they are used in engineering and applied physics contexts
- Gain hands-on experimental skills in applied physics and engineering
- Become familiar with advanced mathematical methods that are used to solve applied science problems
- Complete an interdisciplinary senior project
- Professional (Engineering and Physics)
Department Undergraduate Group (DUG)
Student Leaders: Hannah Blakely, Reed Brown, Eli Silvert
|Class Year||Total Students||Capstone Graduates||Honors Graduates|
Engineering and Physics alumni have typically gone on to graduate study and pursued careers in research and academia.
What are Engineering and Physics concentrators doing...