Instant. Secure. Convenient.
University Human Resources partners with The Work Number® to manage employment verifications and salary information required by lending companies. The Work Number® provides instant and secure employment and income verifications 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You would use The Work Number® when:
- Applying for a loan
- Applying for a credit card
- Buying a car
- Providing proof of employment
- Qualifying for public assistance
The Work Number is available to students, faculty, and staff. Here’s all you need to do:
- Access The Work Number® yourself to get the needed information right away.
- Notify your lender that Brown University uses The Work Number® for all forms of salary information or employment verification.
Prospective Employers, Banks and Others:
Brown University's employer code is 29190.
Please note: Effective June 2020 Brown moved to Employer Code 29190. If an employee has a transfer status in The Work Number, it simply means any new information for that employee will be loaded under the new Employer Code after their transfer date. Employee data prior to June 2020 can be found under Employer Code 18111 or 17727.
For any questions about employment verifications or The Work Number®, please email [email protected]