Join our email list to receive event announcements and reminders. All times are Eastern Standard unless otherwise noted.
Details of future advising events will be posted here as they are announced.
For students and alumni interested in applying to health professions schools during 2023 for admission in fall 2024: Throughout the 2022-23 academic year, the Health Careers Advising team will offer a series of five Applicant Seminars designed to give you detailed guidance about the application process, timing and strategy.
- Applicant Seminar #1: an overview of the process and the support provided by the Health Careers Advising team
- Applicant Seminar #2: guidance for writing your personal statements
- Applicant Seminar #3: selecting schools and financing your education
- Applicant Seminar #4: sharing best practices for interviewing
- Applicant Seminar #5: a round-up of the information you need as you officially start the application process.
Attendance at Applicant Seminar #1 is strongly recommended before you begin your application process. If you are a re-applicant or if you have attended the Applicant Seminars in a previous year without applying, attending again will be helpful to refresh your memory and learn about changes to the process since your first application.
- Applicant Seminar #1: Preparing to Apply
- Thursday January 26, 2023 | 4-5pm | Zoom | register here
Slides for Applicant Seminar #1 are available on the Applicants page.
- Applicant Seminar #2: Writing Your Personal Statement was recorded; slides and a video are available on the Applicants page.
- Dates for Applicant Seminars #3-5 will appear here when they are available.
Details of future Admissions visits and info sessions will be posted here as they are announced.
Events hosted on by other organizations are listed for your information only and do not represent an endorsement by Brown or the Health Careers Advising office. As new events are announced, they will be added below.
Brown Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) and Office of Women in Medicine and Science (OWIMS) Mentoring Program | Thursday, February 2, 5-7pm |Alpert Medical School Room 170 at 222 Richmond Street in Providence | flyer