Brown’s Office of University Communications administers a range of policies designed to safeguard the strong identity of Brown University in line with its educational mission, to ensure compliance with privacy and other statutes governing communications, and to ensure compliance with laws governing non-profit institutions that prohibit certain forms of endorsement or commercial operation via communications.
The policies help promote effective communications about the strength of Brown’s academic and campus life. Many of these policy pages include links to additional resources to assist members of the campus community and other stakeholders.
Policies & Guidelines
- Access to Campus (for News Media)
- Commercial Photography or Filming
- Digital Signage Policy & Protocol
- Editorial Style Guide
- Image Gallery Protocol
- Image Use Policy (see also Brown's Copyright and Fair Use policy)
- Social Media Guidelines
- Use of Brown Name or Likeness
- Visual Identity Policy & Strategy