Brown employees leave for new jobs, educational opportunities, relocations, or any number of reasons. The information below is provided to assist employees in meeting obligations related to their departure from the University.
Prior to their last day of work, separating employees should:
- Provide written notice to their managers that includes the reason for leaving as well as the effective date of the resignation.
- Review Brown’s Benefits Information Guide for Employees Leaving Brown for information related to transitioning benefits. If questions arise, employees should contact the Benefits Office at 863.2141 at least one week in advance of their last day of work to schedule time with a Benefits Specialist.
- Complete a confidential online exit interview form. If interested, HR Generalists are available to have a more detailed conversation about an employee's experience working for Brown University.
- Contact the Transportation Office to discuss returning parking permits and/or to apply for parking rebates.
- Return all University property to their supervisor.
- Check to be certain their home address is kept up-to-date in Workday*. This will ensure the smooth delivery of the hard copy W-2 for the current tax year.
* Note: During the first 24-48 hours following an employee's termination date, s/he may not have access to their employee record in Workday.